Viox & Viox History

We are proud of the reputation attained within the engineering community and Northern Kentucky. Our goal is to continue to offer personalized services in civil engineering, land surveying, and landscape architecture

Viox & Viox Beginnings

In 1945, James H. Viox, Jr., P.E. and George Rassenfoss, P.E. left their jobs with Southern Railroad to go into practice for themselves. Their offices were located at the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and Dixie Highway in Erlanger, Kentucky. James H. Viox, Jr. ran for Erlanger City Council and eventually became mayor. George Rassenfoss became Erlanger City Engineer.

The firm has grown and expanded their services over the years and currently employs approximately 28 full time employees. In addition to engineering and surveying, Viox & Viox also provides Landscape Architecture and Global Positioning System (G.P.S.) services to its clients. The firm is locally owned by brothers James H. Viox, III and William Viox. Each principal remains actively involved in the day-to-day operations of Viox & Viox and personally oversees all civil engineering performed by the firm.